Friday, April 13, 2012

PreBlog

Start to my blog
This is my first blog post to tell u why I really started a blog. I started this blog for all the moments I can’t capture on video for my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/backwoodboysbc) or the times not exciting enough on camera to post on YouTube. So I decide to start a blog because I love to teach (will have fly tying/equipment use how to posts), and to share with other people like me (hunting fishing enthusiasts) and to read about their adventures. My next post will be a fly that I got started on just before I decided to start this blog ( I have got a hook with thread hanging off it sitting in my vice as I’m writing).
Things to come and to expect:
This will be my first summer of freedom from my parents, though I still have to work to pay for hobbies. So I have plans on camping and/or fishing every weekend so I’ll have posts up here as often as possible (and videos up on my YouTube account as often as possible) to try to keep anyone reading satisfied.
                This year I bought a 14’ aluminum boat and a 9.5hp Johnson seahorse for scooting around lakes when fishing and possibly hunting. The boat and motor both need some work (the boats a little beat up and the motor mount on the motor is broken slightly but does run - my equipment sounds a little rough I know but hey I spent 70$ combined on the boat and motor so what else should you expect?).  I live in the Kootenay’s in British Colombia so I have tons of different fishing I will be doing this summer and hopefully I will be doing quite a bit of bass fishing.
                Also this year I bought a new recurve bow for hunting. The start of turkey season is on April 15 so I will start after turkeys as soon as I can get out. Bear season has already started but for the most part the bears are still sleeping. Once they start coming out I will be hunting them with my bow as well. This summer I’m going to practice as much as I can for this fall, as I would like to take an elk with my recurve.
In a nutshell I will be hunting and fishing when I’m not at work or back to school this fall. I will be doing as many tutorials and other such updates as possible to help everyone who isn’t as fortunate as I am to have mentors to teach everything you need to know. For the most part I will be hunting with my dad, uncle, brother in law and girlfriend. I’m not too sure as to who I’ll be fishing with as I have many a friend who may or may not come on our convoy of fishers. So I hope you like my blog and if you have anything you would like to see I am always open to suggestions.  Thanks for reading and don’t forget to get outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment